Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Weekend wrap up: Memorial Day '10

At the end of 2009 I made a photo calendar for 2010. Each month had pictures of our year so that in 2010 we could remember what we were doing a year ago that month. It has been fun to see how pregnant I was last year and how big our sweet boy is this year.
For May I put pictures of us at my parents' place over Memorial Day weekend. These two to be exact



 My mom + dad's wedding anniversary is on May 21st so they usually go away for Memorial Day weekend and we stay at their house to hang out with my siblings and keep an eye on things. 

This year was much different with Malakai. The lazy days turned into crazy nights. I was actually a bit thankful that the sun didn't come out this year, I would have felt like such a bum taking naps during the day to make up for lost sleep.

On Sunday it did warm up a little so I went hunting through my mom's swim suits to throw something on and soak up some sun. Instead I found this...



I know, I can't believe I just posted that on the internet either. You're welcome? I put these on to make my husband laugh...and then I walked outside in them to embarrass my 19 year-old sister who was shooting hoops with her boyfriend. She was pretty much speechless. 

I wish I had a picture of the whole outfit my mom used to wear, but it involves an equally bright red dress with a ruffled skirt. Ohhh dear sweet 1980's. 

It's also a bit funny to me to see how I looked posing in front of the pool last year, compared to this year. 



{Yes, I added both of these pictures twice in one post.}

Aaaanyway, the rest of our time there we napped and watched movies and played with Malakai as he climbed + chewed on everything in sight.





How did you spend the long weekend?

5 comments:

  1. um i love you a million times more for
    1. posting a picture of yourself VERY pregnant, in a BIKINI.
    2. For posting a picture of yourself in that hilarious outfit
    3. for looking SMOKIN hott both times!!

    You go girl!

    This weekend was our 2 year anniversary so it was lots of food, relaxing and of course sharing some lovin! ;0

    ReplyDelete
  2. *sigh* I wish I had your waist! You look great in all the pix!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed, funny pictures, but you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look A-MAZING & Kai is so sweet with his little faux-hawk :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks ladies, glad I didn't scare any of you away ;)

    ReplyDelete

thanks for responding, I love your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

certified site

certified site