Thursday, June 17, 2010

Thankful on a Thursday


Malakai turned 11 months yesterday. We did our usual photo shoot. It was harder to get him to smile at the camera, not because he's less smiley but because he's much more interested in exploring his surroundings. Still, I was able to get this photo of my sweet baby

The last 2 weeks I've started to think more about his birthday. Not only in terms of party planning, but reflecting on what it means and how blessed we have been by his little life every single day.


Last week I touched on an issue we were having with an organization we volunteer at. The problem has mostly been solved by thorough and candid communication. However, I just wanted to make sure that even though I  expressed frustration with beliefs that differ from my own that you all know I'm not narrow minded. I hope that last week's post didn't leave you with that impression. We wouldn't sever ties with anyone based on a disagreement in theology. If anything, the conflict helped us to learn more about ourselves, each other, and what God's plan is for our future. 



This week I'm thankful for:

161. conflict resolution and the journey to that point.

162. Malakai's baby face. I'm cherishing everything "baby" about him as it's fading fast.

163. creating joyful anticipation in Ben as I hint at the Father's Day plans Malakai and I are preparing.

164. trusting in God's provision as things get financially tighter.

165. upcoming reviews + giveaways!

166. an empty kitchen sink, cleared counters, and a stocked fridge.

167. coconut mochas, mmmm.

168. an unexpected two days off from daycare duty.

169. mama friends who know just how I'm feeling when my little adventure boy gets his 4th bruise on his face this week.

170. finally getting to go to the movies with my man for the first time in two years!

What are you thankful for this week?


2 comments:

  1. I'm not extremely religious. I DO believe in God, but I find it hard to give my heart completely to religion. (I hope you don't ban me from your blog after I say this :) )

    But when I read how someone can be so down to earth and real, and be so devoted to God at the same time... Well, I admire that, I really do.

    It's wonderful that people still find the time to be thankful about the small things. Thanks for sharing them with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment. Of COURSE you are not banned from my blog. haha. My blog and my home are both always open to people of all beliefs and walks of life. I know what I believe and I share that here , but have no qualms with your journey or anyone else's.

    I don't consider my lifestyle to be religious at all. I feel that term has a lot of negative meanings and represents rule following. What I believe is based on love and the scandalous grace of God.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for responding, I love your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

certified site

certified site