Sunday, May 8, 2011

A Mother's Day Surprise

Hello everyone. Before you read any further, you should probably know that this isn't a regular post. 

That's probably because Shandell isn't writing it.

She's actually at work right now, on Mother's Day of all days. Kai is watching some Elmo while I (Ben) type this out before we head out the door as well.

It's been really fun to watch this little blog develop and grow over the past couple years. Being a full-time mom, full-time wife (which can really be a chore sometimes...), part-time Nursery Director, and whatever else Shan gets doing takes up a lot of her time. Her little corner of the internet has been a great way for her creative and artistic side to really flourish. 

I've always thought that writing is one of the best ways to get our thoughts out of our heads and sorted out. It's one of the highlights of my day to read her latest post, as it makes me feel like I'm at home and a part of what's going on, even when I can't be there during the work week. A big thank you to all of YOU who come here and read about us, enjoy Shan's photography, giveaways, craft ideas, recipes, et cetera. It's additional fuel to keep her writing, and for that I am quite grateful.

However, my main reason for writing this post is that I feel that you don't always get the whole picture. This comes at no fault to Shan, as she's not going to sit here and tell you how amazing she is. It's just not in her nature.

So I'll do it for you.

Shandell is the most amazing person ever to come into my life. We've been together for almost 6 years (4 years of marriage this July!), and I can't wait for what's coming next for us. October is going to be here before we know it (and with it a new little one)!

I'm positive that you won't find someone more loyal than Shan. She is incredibly empathetic, truly understanding where someone is coming from and finds ways to help them. When the Nursery Director position came up, she was a natural fit. Kiddos are her passion, and I think that the program has really started to develop under her leadership.

Speaking of kiddos being her passion, watching Shan with Malakai is one of my favorite things.

I could do it all day.

Even when our little one is being a bit of a terror - which he does on occasion - she is patient and caring. Whenever Kai is acting a little...off, she knows immediately that he doesn't feel well and does whatever she can to make him feel better. The teacher in her has benefitted our little sponge significantly. Every day he picks up something new, and while I feel like I sometimes sneak a couple of new words for him to say, I know that Shan is instrumental in his learning.

Ok. I could go on-and-on about my lovely wife. I really could. And she deserves it.

But Kai and I have a present to finish.

Happy Mother's Day my love.

3 comments:

  1. This is so sweet! Good hubby! :))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beyond words sweet! Happy Mothers Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a sweet and thoughtful surprise. I'm thankful for this man beyond words!
    ~Shan

    ReplyDelete

thanks for responding, I love your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

certified site

certified site