Monday, May 30, 2011

our long weekend + 20 weeks

We spent all day Saturday at my in-laws house. Ben's sister Kristi and her boyfriend Nick came down from Portland to hang out. They hadn't been here for 6 months so we were really looking forward to spending time with them. It was supposed to be all of the family, but with the holiday weekend, Ben's brother David couldn't get the day off. Hopefully we can get all of us together soon!

Kristi brought her dog Jordan, who Malakai adored. They totally wore each other out. Malakai loved it when Jordan licked him and chased him. Kai even tried licking him back (blech!). He even learned Jordan's name "dordan" and told him, unprompted, that he loved him. It was pretty sweet to watch them interact.

Photobucket

Kai also spent a lot of time playing with his grandparents and their mr. potato head toys. Malakai became enthralled with a pair of mr. potato head glasses and put them on...

Photobucket

What I love about this is that my sister Amanda (now 20) did the same thing as a child...

Photobucket
{aunt nans}

We had a fairly normal Sunday with church, Kai's nap, some yard work,  and hanging out at my parent's place with them + my siblings. Malakai had a lot of fun running around with G'Pa. 

Today we had planned to get a TON of yard work done. First we got ready to head to the local garden + hardware store, Jerry's. Before we headed out the door Kai rolled his ankle. He fussed for a minute but it looked fine and he walked on it. However, an little over an hour later after being in his car seat and a shopping cart I set him down here at home and he wouldn't put any weight on his right leg. I looked again and it looked slightly swollen, but this little mister has some cankles on him so it was hard to tell. 

I called our pediatrician's office and spoke to the nurse practitioner who sent us to urgent care. We took our time packing up knowing it would probably be a very long wait. There were only 8 or so people ahead of us but somehow it still took 2 hours for us to be called back. The appointment took about 15 minutes.Thankfully it's most likely just a sprain and we didn't do x-rays, I'm still not looking forward to the bill though! Now we have the challenge of keeping him off of it and trying to ice it. If it's not better within 3 days we have to go back in, but to our doctor's office. We are praying for quick healing!

Kai passed out on the way home, so Ben + I were able to get some yardwork done after all. Ben finished transplanting our japanese maple while I prepared my raised beds for some veggies. I'll post more about that with some before + after pictures later. I got as far as setting up a "trellis" for climbing sugar snap peas, planting the peas, and planting pumpkins + some squash. I still have carrots and some tomatoes to plant. I can't wait to harvest some fresh veggies from our backyard!

__ _______ __ _______ __ _______ __ _______ __



Today I am 20 weeks pregnant! Halfway through already, I can hardly believe it. I'm feeling pretty energetic most of the time, but my body is still fighting me. Although I was sick for the first 3 months of this pregnancy, I still enjoy being pregnant. Feeling my son move and watching my belly grow is such a joy. 

Photobucket

How far along? 20 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 12 lbs. and still weighing less than this point in my 1st pregnancy. 
Stretch marks? no new ones.
Maternity Clothes: yep and a few larger sized pre-pregnancy clothes still. The benefits of keeping everything!
Sleep: awful. Friday night I woke up at 4am and couldn't get back to sleep! This has been happening quite often and is SUPER annoying. 
Best moment this weekfinding out that we're expecting another boy and seeing his sweet features. 
Movement: more and more each day. On Saturday he had moved more that I had felt in any one day previously.
Gender: BOY!
Labor Signs: nope.
Food Cravings: nope.
Belly Button in or out? getting flatter.
What I miss: flexibility. It's getting harder for me to bend over or get over our baby gate. 
What I am looking forward to: registering and turning the 3rd bedroom into a playroom.
Weekly Wisdom: start exercising early. I keep putting it off still!
Baby Brain Moment of the Week: Today at the store I frantically asked Ben where Kai's hat was, thinking it had fallen off in the store...it was in my hand. 


Be sure to come back tomorrow for my biggest giveaway yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for responding, I love your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

certified site

certified site