Wednesday, June 29, 2011

clean + pack

Nothing too interesting to report today...only because I don't have to the time to blog. One of my besties from College, Carina, is coming to stay with us for a few days while she's on vacation. I'm so excited to spend some time with her and catch up. I haven't seen her since February, which is actually pretty recent for how often we go to the Portland area where she lives. She will probably be the last guest in our spare room before it turns into a play room (but we're planning on getting an air mattress so we can still have overnight guests...among the toys). 

In preparation for her coming, and for the long weekend coming up, I've been scouring the house and getting things organized. Clean clean clean, pack pack pack. Sweep, vacuum, dust, wash, fold, scrub, stack, organize...

We are going to attempt camping again this year. Having an (almost) two year old instead of an (almost) one year old should make some things easier and some things more difficult this time around. Add being in my 6th month of pregnancy and we may have a recipe for disaster. We're praying for fun instead. Feel free to pray with us, we could use the fun getaway. 

Once we get back we'll be celebrating our wedding anniversary, having a garage sale, then celebrating Kai's birthday, another bestie's wedding and planning for my baby shower. This summer is FLYING by!

What are your plans for the long weekend?








Don't forget to enter the two giveaways I have going on right now. One for Barielle nail strengthener that ends tomorrow and the other for an EcoMom gift card that ends on July 5th! Entries are low right now, so your chances are high!

2 comments:

  1. I was wondering yesterday if moms still get baby showers come baby number 2. I certainly think they should, I've just never been to one for a second kid.

    We also do the air mattress thing in our house. We never bothered with getting a guest bed, knowing that we planned to eventually fill the house with kids :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a very brave soul to attempt camping....good luck!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for responding, I love your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

certified site

certified site