Thursday, June 16, 2011

Thankful on a Thursday: Like a Flood

All this week I've had the chorus from Like a Fire by Planetshakers stuck in my head.


Come like a flood and saturate me now
You’re all I want

Come like the wind and sweep throughout this place
You’re all we want


It's what comes to mind when I think of all the blessing that has been piled upon us lately. It's coming from all sides, like a flood. Usually people refer to hardships by saying "when it rains, it pours". Earlier this week Ben tweeted "Praise Him from whom all blessings flow. And when it rains...it pours!"  and I found myself with a new perspective on the depth of suffering versus the depth of blessing. I've been blessed big in my lifetime before, but I am really feeling this down pour of provision and protection from God like never before. 

If you aren't aware of what I'm referring to, be sure to read yesterday's post and it will be obvious what I'm thankful for this week...

As if that blessing weren't enough, there's more.

This week I'm beyond thankful for...

681. Not only are we covered for nearly all Kai's surgery costs, but we are covered until April 2012 for future costs we incur through that particular medical group. Memorial Day, we took Kai to Urgent Care for a sprained ankle...covered. In October, our baby is born at the same hospital...covered (besides my OBGYN costs). 

682. The opportunity to buy Ben's parents' car that we are constantly borrowing at a VERY affordable price. This won't happen for another month or two, but I am REALLY looking forward to having a car!

683. The return of Malakai's appetite...for the most part. 

Photobucket
{loves chips + salsa just like daddy. Bananas + spaghetti sauce are yummy too}


684. The confidence Ben has in our God. Sometimes he had to bring me back to the knowledge that God would provide, and provide He did!

685. Volunteers. Summer is difficult for consistent volunteers in kid's ministry, but I have some very faithful people putting in extra shifts and a handful of new volunteers eager to serve!

686. the sunshine + the rain. Both of which are making my first garden grow, grow, grow!

687. How my dear husband is always making me laugh...

Photobucket
{he came down dressed like this after going through things at his parent's house}

688. a library card. I borrowed some kids books about gardening and waiting for baby for Kai and Deceptively Delicious for me. I can't wait to try out some of the recipes!

689. a quiet house while my sweet boy naps. This has been a rough week for sleep...Kai is definitely cutting those 2 year molars. 

690. A mother-in-law who babysits, and a father-in-law who sprays our weeds while I'm at work.

What are you thankful for this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for responding, I love your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

certified site

certified site