Tuesday, August 16, 2011

little brother's baby shower

My mom, mother-in-law, and good friend Jamie put together a fantastic baby shower for little brother. (as a sidenote: "little brother" is just a nickname until his name reveal on his birth-day. It's not something we plan on calling him on a regular basis once he's born). I know some people are reluctant to have a baby shower once they've had their first baby but we all believe in celebrating every child. This doesn't mean that gifts were expected, but they did come. We were so blessed by the generosity of family + friends!

We were also blessed to be able to use the cafe at our church for the event. It was such a nice atmosphere and the large kitchen came in handy. The "theme" was a rainy day "shower" theme based on some inspiration I found through a minor obsession, pinterest. I actually designed the invites, signs, and stickers for the cups. I also made clouds with raindrops. I just love throwing parties so much I couldn't resist helping with my own when it came to the creative + crafty stuff. Plus I was planning on making the clouds anyway for our playroom.

My lovely hostesses made the cake, fruit trays, drinks, and brought banners and put everything together. It was such a nice little event.

Photobucket

Photobucket
{the food + drink set up}


Photobucket

Photobucket 




















Guests snacked and mingled for a bit as others arrived. My favorite part about parties like this is that it brings close friends + family together into one place at the same time. Sadly, because of summer schedules not everyone was able to make it this time. Due to 5 immediate family birthdays, school, and other conflicts we couldn't have the shower in September so we had to hurry up and find a date that worked for us in August before time ran out!

Photobucket

This is my mom with Justice, my friend Jamie's son and Delia, my cousin Angela's daughter. These two cuties are just a week apart. You may remember how we were eagerly anticipating quite a few babies all in the month of February earlier this year, here's two of them!

After a bit everyone gathered round and I opened gifts. I was so surprised by the great gifts that everyone brought. I anticipated smaller, more conservative gifts with a second child but I have some generous friends + family! It was such a blessing as we still have a need for quite a few things. We borrowed a lot with Kai and there were some things we just did without that we'd like to have.

Photobucket

We got some great clothing for little brother, a toy storage shelf for the boys' playroom, plenty of baby toiletries, a quilt from Ben's mom(which is still in the process, I'll post a photo when it's done) a co-sleeper from my parents and too many other great things to list them all.

Photobucket
{with my besties!}

Photobucket
{my sister + sister-in-law}

Photobucket
{my mom + mother-in-law}


Thank you Mom, Debbie, Jamie, Amanda, + Kristi for putting together a great baby shower as we prepare to welcome another sweet boy into our lives.

Thanks to all of you who came and showered us with love + gifts! Thanks to those who couldn't make it and sent us gifts or have gifts for us anyway! We feel so loved.

2 comments:

thanks for responding, I love your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

certified site

certified site