Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Lane County Fair

After church this past Sunday we hurried across town to the Lane County Fair to take advantage of the free admission for coming early. At $9 per adult just to get in there was no way we'd be able to go otherwise. We got a fantastic parking spot and I had packed lunches, so we were set to take Kai to see the animals for his 2nd year. But before heading to the livestock area we stopped at the photobooths for another tradition.

Photobucket

We thought for sure Kai was smiling for the first photo but he must have moved at the last second. Then we just ended up being a blur, which is what happens I guess when you try to squeeze a pregnant lady, a 6ft tall man, and a toddler into a teensie photobooth space. The limit is 3 people, but I'm hoping that next year we can sneak little brother in for a photo.

On our way to the animals we ate our PBJ + banana lunches. By the time we got there I was already overheated. I guess it was close to 90 degrees that day, I had no idea it would be so hot! It was surely my first time being bothered by the heat this summer, it had been so mild here until then.

First we saw chickens. Kai knew what they were immediately and REALLY wanted to touch them.

Photobucket

Then we saw some other birds, including ducks + ducklings!
Photobucket

In the next room were all sorts of bunnies, some with floppy ears and some with pointy ears. Kai called them bunnies and rabbits...
Photobucket

Then we saw goats + sheep. When I asked Malakai what they were he said "animals!"

Photobucket
{he was laughing so hard at this sheep because her ear would twitch every time he pet her}


Photobucket
{teensie pygmy goats, mama's fave.}

We didn't see any pigs this year, in fact I didn't even realized it until writing this that we had missed them somehow. After washing our hands thoroughly we headed to the stalls to see the horses and cows.

Photobucket
{not too impressed with the cows but LOVED the horsies!}

Once we washed up again we went across the fairgrounds to the exhibit hall. I was relieved to be in air conditioning, but my body was exhausted and couldn't walk much more. We made it about two isles of booths before deciding it was time to go home. 

We had a great time and it was so much fun to watch Kai recognize the different types of animals and get excited about seeing + petting them. Maybe next year we can take him on some of the kiddie rides!


2 comments:

  1. Cute! I am looking forward to the fair this year, despite the fact that I will be right around 36 weeks when it comes to town.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry. My long comment was probably annoying, and it was unsolicited.

    We've yet to take Liam to a fair, but I'm sure he'd love the animals too :)

    What a fun tradition.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for responding, I love your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

certified site

certified site