Thursday, August 4, 2011

Thankful on a Thursday

I had planned to post about my veggie garden today, which is quite overdue for display around here, but the day didn't go as planned. Kai was up on and off all night and woke up completely congested. No wonder he couldn't sleep!

We spent some time at the park, had lunch, and ran an errand. Kai passed out in the car and I brought him into a really warm house. I checked the a/c which was set to 72 but the temperature was 75 and rising. We JUST had our a/c repaired so I was not happy to find that it was piping warm air into the house on a VERY hot day. Ben called our repairman and he happened to be in the neighborhood. He was able to fix it fairly shortly and at a low cost, thank the LORD! However, Kai woke up after only 15 minutes of napping and wasn't able to fall back to sleep. He did rest for a while which is better than nothing, but I'm having a hard time keeping up with his congestion/runny nose. I was going to take a shower during his nap, which obviously didn't happen.

So here I am with 12% battery on my laptop to type out a quick thankful list. This week I'm thankful for...

751. quick and cheap a/c repair and a wonderful repairman who thought to ask whether or not Kai was asleep before coming into the house.

752. a happy boy, despite little sleep and a super stuffy nose.

753. frozen gogurts, a treat for Kai + mama on hot days.

754. sugar snap peas from my garden, the perfect afternoon snack.

755. my parents and their pool. They are so generous to let us come out whenever we want to enjoy a nice swim.

756. a playdate to look forward to tomorrow. Kai gets to play with his old pal Henry!

757. eating outside. I'm pretty sure I've said this already, but I love to eat dinner out in the warm summer air.

758. my wonderful husband who has been tending to the weeds in the garden this week to give my poor aching back a break.

759. having a 2nd car for the last month, thanks to my in-laws.

760. kicks + hiccups, a sweet reminder that little brother will be here in 10 short weeks!

What are you thankful for?


No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for responding, I love your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

certified site

certified site