Tuesday, August 30, 2011

another summer weekend gone

This past weekend was yet another busy one. After a really packed week of activity we decided to make no plans on Friday and just relax at home. Unfortunately, that plan didn't work out since the a/c went out (again). Ben + his dad spent most of the evening assessing and repairing.

Saturday morning my siblings moved into their college dorms. My brother for his first year and my sister for her 3rd. Ben helped them move some stuff in while Malakai + I wandered around between rooms and eventually played outside with Mima for a bit.

Photobucket
{my husband Ben, my brother's roommate Tyler, and my brother Cody}

Photobucket
{my sister Amanda + Kai}


Photobucket
{Malakai was dancing to the music they had playing in the quad}

After move-in there was a family lunch outside and then some other meetings + activities that we left my parents + siblings to in order to take Kai home for nap time. That's when Ben went to finish work on the a/c. My poor husband up in the nasty hot attic. I'm so thankful and proud of him for repairing the issue himself, and for free!

Once little dude was up from his nap we went to run errands + ended up eating a super cheap dinner at Costco while we were out + about so we could finish getting things done and still have a happy toddler.

Sunday afternoon we stuck around the house. Ben + Malakai had some good bonding time while I worked on blanching + slicing peaches for freezing and for cobbler. 

Photobucket
{Kai grabbed a pillow to be like daddy}

Photobucket
{he still refuses to get in this pool, but loved getting wet from the outside}

Another busy weekend gone and yet another one ahead of us. Time is just flying by!



2 comments:

  1. Oh NCC, I mean NCU memories :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya..speaking of NCC..I was just re-doing a scrapbook of my time there and from the Philippines. Thought if I was going to get this project done..better do it before baby comes! Lots of fun and good times there! :)

    ReplyDelete

thanks for responding, I love your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

certified site

certified site