Wednesday, August 17, 2011

yawn

Sleeping has been rough lately. It comes with the territory, I know...I remember. Somehow I usually catch just enough sleep between the constant switching of sides. Once one hip or shoulder aches enough to wake me up, I flip over to the other side that is most likely still sore from sleeping on it the hour before. Even with my once magical pillow cocoon, I just don't get a very restful night's sleep.

Last night I didn't get to bed til late because Malakai was struggling to fall asleep. This morning I woke to Ben's alarm at 5am and could not get comfortable enough to fall asleep again. I tossed + turned for about an hour. Next my mind wakes up and there's no turning back, so I got up and quietly checked email and surfed the internet while Malakai slept. He actually woke up earlier than usual at 7am and we snuggled on the couch and watched Elmo. I dozed off here and there for a few minutes at a time, still awake enough to know Kai was sitting next to me and sometimes on me. It was miserable because I was then tired enough to sleep anywhere, but with my two year old up for the day I couldn't crawl back into bed to get any actual sleep. I haven't been this exhausted in a long time.

A morning like this sort of kills the mood for the rest of the day. I have a headache and am sick to my stomach. When Malakai takes his nap, I'll tidy up the house a bit and  jump in the shower and get ready for tonight's plans...and MAYBE if body + mind cooperate I'll take a little snooze too. It's interesting how much of an impact sleep or lack thereof has on the rest of one's existence, I don't much like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for responding, I love your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

certified site

certified site