Monday, November 1, 2010

my little robot

And just like that, it's November. As Ben said this morning, "It's kind of unbelievable". The months are just flying by and I feel like suddenly we're going to be parents of teenagers feeling like we just took Malakai to his first Harvest Party the night before.

Saturday we did some last minute pumpkin carving. Malakai wasn't really in to touching the slimy stuff. Once Ben started carving pieces out of his pumpkin, Kai started putting them back in. Just like his toys! We put him in his costume to give his grandparents a preview.


He wore it for longer than he had ever before without trying to pull it off. Then we had to get photos of everyone with the pumpkins. 





Well last night we did venture out to Camp Harlow, where Ben had worked for 8 summers as a young adult. It was our first time going to their Harvest Party and it was fairly hectic, but a lot of fun. We went with some friends of ours and it was so cute to see Malakai + his friend Titus dressed up together.

{robot + dragon with their daddies}

We maneuvered our way through the crowd while Ben stopped every few feet to catch up with old friends that he hadn't seen in years. We found a few of the kid friendly games + the boys earned their parents some yummy treats.

I was worried that Malakai would want to keep the bean bags instead of throwing them for the games, but he understood right away! Ben + I were amazed, what a smart little robot!



{he loved having everyone cheer for him}

I had a hard time getting really good photos of his face because he was constantly turning to take in all the sights + sounds. I also brought our out-dated point + shoot camera, so I didn't get the best quality photos either. I was glad to not be lugging around a giant camera the whole time though. 

It didn't take us long to get through all the games that our little ones could do. We did find some animals outside. Malakai got to pet a pony, a rabbit + goats. He was so excited!



The boys seemed to most enjoy running around outside. We couldn't really let them loose inside where the activities were because of how large the crowd was. I tried letting Kai walk + hold my hand but he just wanted to run off.


We were only out for about an hour and a half, which was perfect for getting home for dinner and playtime before putting Malakai to bed and eating all the candy.

{my fluffy little robot}



2 comments:

  1. Oh my word... I love that bottom-heavy robot costume! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad we got some good pictures. I was thinking that most of them would be blurry with the low light.

    And he seems so confused by Titus holding that leaf.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for responding, I love your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

certified site

certified site