Friday, November 19, 2010

a rough one

I don't like to whine or complain much around here. Looking back, the posts where I talk about everything that is going wrong in our day to day just don't seem to fit. I guess not many of us like to look back through the negative things. However, I do want to be authentic and I think it's important to look where you've been to see how far you've come.

So, we've had a rough week. I mentioned earlier that Ben + I were sick with the flu or something just as awful. Thankfully it didn't last too terribly long and we made a quick recovery. We've been hoping + praying that Malakai wouldn't be next.

The last couple of nights he has had a very hard time sleeping. Yesterday he wouldn't eat much, refusing some of his favorites. He doesn't have any respiratory symptoms, so I'm guessing his stomach is bothering him. I hate having to guess. While I don't want him to grow up in a hurry, I do look forward to the day when he can tell me what's wrong. Until then, I'm praying for a healthy dose of "mother's intuition" to help me out.

And unfortunately I have to make a call as to whether we can continue to watch other littles. When I can't, I have to pass on my not-so-great week to someone else by putting them in a bind for childcare. Like I said, it's been a rough one.

Until our whole house is healthy again, we'll be laying low. Here's hoping for another speedy recovery!

Happy weekend friends,

1 comment:

  1. I'm praying for health. This time of year is so hard on families. So many come down with the flu or with colds. It's especially hard on our little ones.

    Liam currently has a cold. His nose is runny, but I don't know what else is bothering him. I can only assume it's the same one Brent has, and that their symptoms are equal.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for responding, I love your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

certified site

certified site