Wednesday, November 10, 2010

fellowship

Lately we've been out + about a lot. Malakai has been watched by friends + family more in the past 4 weeks than probably his whole life prior. We think that it's a very good thing, especially because he went to bed for his grandparents for the first time EVER! When we got that text on our way home last night, Ben + I did a celebratory cheer. We are so proud of our little bean.

Usually we are the definition of homebodies. The 3 of us prefer stick around the house playing on the floor, reading books, or just watching our son do his thing. When the weather permits we frequently take walks through the nearby neighborhoods with a stop at the park. After Kai's bedtime Ben + I love to snuggle up on the couch with the fuzzy (our favorite blanket) and watch all the Thursday night comedies that have piled up on our TiVo.



We've been making new connections, deepening relationships, getting out of the house and finding out what God wants to do with us. Sometimes Malakai tags along, other times he gets to go on new adventures at a friend's house or show his Grandma, Grandpa, Mema, or Aunt Nanner around his territory.

I've also realized since buying our own place in March that I've made more of an effort to invite people into our home. We've had friends, family + acquaintances over for dinner or just to hang out. I've discovered that I enjoy entertaining and I think having a place that is truly our own helped cultivate that.

While I'm sure we'll continue to enjoy our time spent in our home just the 3 of us, I'm glad we're branching out and sharing life with others more than we ever have before. This new frequency in fellowship has really brought us a joy that we didn't realize we were missing. It wasn't by a specific choice we made, but by people and opportunities that God put in place to realize there was something missing.

How have you made an effort to fellowship with others?


1 comment:

  1. I'm the kind of person that loves staying in, but when I do get out, I'm so happy I did. It's fun to be out, it's fun to stay in :) But most of all I love it when friends come over just to hang! Plus, I hope to be having lots of playdates when I have kids.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for responding, I love your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

certified site

certified site