Wednesday, November 3, 2010

what makes you hurry?

Last Sunday our pastor shared a simple quote (from an author I can't remember, sorry) about how to live your life for Christ to the best of your ability.

Get rid of everything in your life that makes you hurry. 

I immediately thought that with a child and doing daycare part time that this was an impossible concept. However, the more he spoke, the less it was about actually eliminating things from your life (although I know most of us are probably overcommitted) but really about switching our focus. 

Pastor also said something that I've heard him say a few other times. 

Our list of priorities should be God 1st and... nothing else. There is no list. 

I think it's safe to say that most Christ followers list their priorities as 1. God 2. Family 3. Career and so on. But if God really is your ONLY priority, your only focus,  wouldn't all the other things come together? I'd dare to say yes. In fact, I put my hope in yes. 

Do you make being a follower of Christ more complicated than it is? I know I do. I get so distracted by my daily priorities that I don't focus on what should be my only priority. 

How do you make God your only priority?

1 comment:

  1. Wow that's quite the eye opener. I don't think I do a very good job of only focusing on God. It's like you said, there's God, Family, Career... and yet everything is interwined. I do a pretty good job of calling on God when things aren't going smoothly, but when things are going well I tend to lose focus. This is a good reminder. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for responding, I love your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

certified site

certified site