Sunday, September 5, 2010

biscuits + brownies

Once again...I've been baking. 

Friday night I went to an engagement party for one of my best friends + her new fiance. It was an appetizer potluck so I had to figure out what I would bring. I don't neccesarily have a "go to" dish when it comes to these types of things like many people do. I also had forgotten about it when I went grocery shopping on Thursday. 



So I googled to find something that would work with the ingredients I have and found this recipe on The Pioneer Woman's website. I didn't have all the exact ingredients, so I thought I'd try it out with what I had and if it didn't work...I'd pick something up at the store. 


Instead of the small flaky rolls, I used large ones. And instead of bleu cheese {me no likey} I used parmesan. Also, I didn't have fresh parm, so I just used the pre-grated stuff. Thankfully, they still turned out quite tasty!


Tonight I was going to bake muffins, but when I mentioned this to Ben he reminded me that we were going to breakfast at The Muffin Mill tomorrow morning and then requested brownie cupcakes instead. I offered to make them with peanut butter frosting, since chocolate + PB is his favorite combo. 



I couldn't remember the exact timing I had perfected last time I made these cupcakes so the first batch was perfectly gooey, but really difficult to get out of the tin. They fell apart at the bottom a bit, but I didn't really mind since these aren't for show.

I let the cupcakes bake while I worked on the frosting. 



And they turned out SO good when Ben took a bite he said "husband approved"...


We each had one right after dinner and then another while we watched a movie and drank some fancy drinks with the last bit of our coffee liqueur. 

Have a lovely Labor Day everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Those look awesome!!! I'll have to try sometime. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never really thought about making brownies in a cupcake tray, but they really look cute like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those brownie cupcakes look sooooo good!! Sitting here at work thinking about making them when i get home!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for responding, I love your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

certified site

certified site