Wednesday, September 29, 2010

creeper town

I'm not a big fan of seasonal decor {although currently, we don't have ANY decor}. I really only change the decorations for Christmas, and pretty much only for the month of December, and then it all comes down.

I think it's cute that other people put out stuff for the fall, and I may start doing more of that once we get more than two things on the walls around here, but it's really just not my thing. I especially don't care for other holiday decor. I don't put bunny rabbits up for Easter and I certainly have never and will never put fake spider webs or the like around my house for Halloween.

That being said...it looks as though my little enemies had other plans.


Spiders are THE most annoying and disgusting thing I can imagine. I hate them, always have, always will. I have been getting better at just hating them and not being as scared of them. Only in the sense that I am far more willing to smash them myself when I have to, versus calling Ben to come home on his lunch break...

Anyway, they really have a way of wrecking this time of year for me. It would be nice for Malakai to run around in our backyard, but it's currently infested with thick, black, speedy ground spiders. 

I just can't do it. 



The white spots are their webs that they jump out of. waaaah!

I'm so ridiculous, and at least I know that. Our entire neighborhood has these spiders everywhere right now. I think they were more noticeable today on my drive home due to the misty air clinging to them. 

It doesn't help that we haven't really done much all summer to get rid of them. We sprayed the home defense stuff once, but only outside. I just don't like spraying chemicals where Malakai could possibly come into contact with them at all. I've heard there are some more natural repellants, but I have no idea where to even begin to look. Any ideas? I mean, I really need them. 

On Monday a rather large spider crawled out from under Kai's turtle ballpit and I jumped + screamed, then smashed it. Malakai just laughed at me. On Tuesday, the same kind of spider seemed to just appear from nowhere in the same area of our house. Luckily Ben was here to take care of it.

So...this Halloween, my house is dressed up, whether I like it or not. 


What's something that "bugs" you?

2 comments:

  1. ewwwww!!!! I hate spiders! We've recent had several spider visitors in our house and I've had to call my husband to take care of them. I used to not be this bad, where I could at least kill them. But the other day I saw one and I seriously started getting hot flashes and my heart was beating out of my chest. It was out of control. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness..... webs that they JUMP out of???? Gimmie a break! That's just ludicrous! I'm with you on this one, no thank you very much!
    xo tash

    ReplyDelete

thanks for responding, I love your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

certified site

certified site