Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Blackberry Muffins



Last week I decided to try another muffin recipe. I just like making muffins because they're handy for both Ben + I to grab on the way out in the mornings.

I happened to have some frozen blackberries that I wanted to use up, so I looked up recipes until I found one that I wanted to try. Luckily, I had just picked up a few of the ingredients the day before so I was already set.

The recipe I used was actually for blueberry muffins, but worked just fine with blackberries.

Here's the recipe

Ingredients:

  • 3 cups of all-purpose flour
  • 1 T. baking powder
  • 1/2 t. baking soda
  • 1/2 t. salt
  • 1 1/4 stick (10 T.) unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 C. sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 1/2 C. yogurt (calls for plain, I used natural vanilla)
  • 1 1/2 C. berries
  • 1 T. flour (if using defrosted berries)
Directions:
  1. Adjust the oven rack to the middle-lower part of the oven + preheat to 375 degrees F.
  2. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. set aside
  3. In large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar together until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time.
  4. Mix in half of the dry ingredients until incorporated. Then one third of the yogurt. Mix in half of the remaining dry ingredients, then the second third of yogurt. Beat in the remaining dry ingredients, then the remaining yogurt. Again, mix until ingredients are just incorporated. Do not overbeat.
  5. Fold in the berries. If using frozen, defrost first, drain excess liquid, then coat with a light dusting of flour before mixing in.
  6. Using a standard 12 muffin tin, coat each cup lightly with olive oil. (I used the pray version). Distribute the batter evenly among the cups.
  7. Bake until golden brown, about 25 minutes. Test with a long toothpick to make sure the center is fully baked. Cool for 5 minutes, remove from tin and serve slightly warm.
Makes 12-16 muffins.


I was so pleased with how large these turned out. They were delicious right out of the oven. However, they were a bit crumbly after a day or two, but really great heated with butter. 




1 comment:

  1. I will really try this recipe because your muffins blow up very nice! Mine are never so full and fluffy! They really look great.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for responding, I love your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

certified site

certified site